Warehouse Based Allocation Allocates Greater Quantity Than Available Quantity
Last updated on MAY 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Allocation - Version 13.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Allocation 13.2.6, warehouse-based allocation with Proportional Need is allocating more quantity of packs than the Available Quantity. Allocated Quantity cannot be more than Available Quantity. In the logs, the calculation engine is allocating [+ve] and [-ve] quantities. The sum of all the quantities it is equal to Available Quantity. The correct available quantity is passed to the calculation engine.
Steps to Reproduce:
- In Item search screen, select Warehouse source.
- Enter Pack ID and hit search.
- Select Item and click create allocation.
- Select locations using location list with around 600 locations. Uncheck option "Enforce Store-Warehouse relationship"; Click next.
- On rule page, use rule as History, Hierarchy as SKU, Type Need is Proportional; provide date range. Select Fiscal week (Regular sales).
- Hit Calculate button.
- Once calculated, open Calculation summary page and validate Available vs Allocated Quantities. Allocated Quantity is greater than Available Quantity.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms