Last updated on MARCH 31, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.2.4 to 13.2.9 [Release 13.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Retail Merchandising System (RMS) batch process 'stkupld' cannot count quantity for items with unit of measure (UOM) expressed in KG or M. The following error occurs:
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a stock count in RMS for warehouse 905 (1 virtual warehouse 905 + 35 virtual warehouses like 905000, 905001, 905002, etc.).
- Run batches stkxpld, prepost and stkupd.
- Choose an item with standard unit of measure = 'M'.
- For this item in table STAKE_SKU_LOC make sure the below data exists:
a. For warehouse=905000: STAKE_SKU_LOC.snapshot_on_hand_qty = 52,142,856 and snapshot_in_transit_qty = 1500
b. For other 34 virtual warehouses STAKE_SKU_LOC.snapshot_on_hand_qty = 17,142,856 (equal for each)
- Load file for 905 warehouse with inventory result. In file quantity of this item = 70
- Run batch stkupld. Batch fails with error "ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small" for some items with standard unit of measure in KG or M.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms