Incorrect Cost in TRAN_DATA for Store During Store Receipt With Allocation Upcharges (RMS 14)
Last updated on JANUARY 14, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.0.1 to 14.0.2 [Release 14.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS) 14.0.x, an incorrect cost is posted to TRAN_DATA for a store during wrong store receipt with allocation upcharges.
Steps to Reproduce:
System currency is CNY, and DC currency is USD.
Store 1 currency in HKD (Hong Kong dollar).
Store 2 currency in TWD (Taiwan dollar), and allocation upcharges are set up for this store/country (Taiwan).
- Create an allocation and ship for store 2 (Taiwan).
- Notice that SHIPSKU cost is inclusive of Weighted Average Cost (WAC) + Upcharge.
- TRAN_CODE 30 is posted with WAC alone in local currency.
- TRAN_CODE 29 is posted with upcharge alone in local currency.
- DC TRAN_CODE 32 is posted.
- Receive the shipment in Store 1 (Hong Kong, wrong store).
- This invokes 'wrong store receiving' in RMS. Reversal of TRAN_CODE 30 is posted against store 2, but this is using a SHIPSKU cost which is inclusive of upcharge.
- Reversal of TRAN_CODE 29 is posted against store 2.
- Now we have upcharges posted twice. Hence the original transactions for Store 2 and the reversal transactions for store 2 do not match, and more cost is reduced at Store 2.
- Notice that a new TRAN_CODE 30 is created for Store 1, but with upcharge included.
- Notice that a new TRAN_CODE 29 is created for Store 1, even though this store is not set up for upcharges.
- Observe that the currency shown is Store 2's currency.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms