Security Filtering for UDAs Is Not Working as Per the Data Level Security Rules
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.2.6 to 13.2.8 [Release 13.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS) 13.2.6, users that are assigned to security groups at a specific Chain level can access User Defined Attributes (UDAs) that are created against other chains. This situation does not follow the data level security rules.
Steps to Reproduce:
Ensure the below values:
system_options.data_level_security_ind = 'Y';
system_options. uda_org_level_code = 'C';
- Create a new security group. (Control => System => Location/Product Security => Group)
- Create Group/Organization Level to the group from step 1 with 'Chain' as Org Level.
- Assign this security group to another user.
- Create a new UDA against a Chain. (e.g., Chain1)
- Log in as the other user who is assigned to a different security group with different chain. (e.g., RMS01APP)
- Open the UDA form and check the values displayed. Note that values from Chain1 are displayed (they should not as per data level security rules).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms