Announcing the Oracle Retail 14.1 Release
(Doc ID 1955912.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System - Version 14.1 and later
Oracle Retail Clearance Optimization Engine - Version 14.1 and later
Oracle Retail Sales Audit - Version 14.1 and later
Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 14.1 and later
Oracle Retail Predictive Application Server - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Introducing the Oracle Retail 14.1 Release!
With Retail Release 14 in December 2013, Oracle delivered significant functionality to support our customer’s needs as they expand their support of a variety of consumer shopping journeys. We called this approach "Commerce Anywhere". There was also significant investment in ensuring those consumer journeys were supported across the retail footprint through integration enhancements, as well as through integration accelerators. Release 14 was our first enterprise-wide step in our Commerce Anywhere journey.
Our next step has arrived in Oracle Retail Release V14.1! In this release, Oracle continues to expand and enhance the Commerce Anywhere experience that supports the retailers’ requirements, their customers’ expectations, and the evolving landscape of the market.
Important Resources Related to this Announcement
- Oracle Retail 14.1 Release Value Propositions (<Document 1941044.1>)
- Oracle Retail 14.1 Data Models (<Document 1952942.1>)
- Retail Reference Library for Release 14.1 (<Document 2058843.2>)
- Oracle Retail Release 14.x Documentation Library
How does Oracle Retail continue to define “Commerce Anywhere”?
Commerce Anywhere is the ability to provide true connected experiences across channels, thereby allowing consumers to transact (research, select, and purchase) and employees to interact (recommend, maintain, and service) anywhere, at any time, and on any device.
What does Oracle Retail Release 14.1 deliver?
Oracle v14.1 incorporates these themes across the release that speak to the continued enablement of Commerce Anywhere:
Transformation. Oracle provides a comprehensive end-to-end solution that allows retailers to transform their businesses. Retailers must transform and innovate to meet their customers’ and shareholders’ expectations. They must expand their assortments, their mixes of selling and distribution channels, and their market reach. Oracle is the only retail software vendor that truly has the breadth and depth to help retailers transform and grow their businesses. Oracle Retail applications will:
- Continue to support evolving consumer journeys at a pace that mirrors the retailer’s business and market demand
- Provide enterprise end-to-end integration
- Support global expansion and business transformation
Choice. Successful retailers are focusing on understanding customers' shopping preferences by providing them the choice of product assortments and delivery options. By understanding their customers’ preferences, retailers can create and execute plans that drive a truly positive customer experience and increase their bottom line. They can grow market share and ensure customer retention. Oracle's Commerce Anywhere solutions:
- Allow customers to shop how they want, when they want, where they want
- Provide the assortments consumers expect
- Introduce 'Endless Aisle' to provide extended assortment visibility to both store associates and consumers
- Understand demand, allowing retailers insight into the way our customers shop and the ability to unify this knowledge into a single plan
Connectivity. Consumers demand transparency to all product availability and they expect to shop 24/7. Retailers require a greater amount of information in order to drive decisions. Access and availability of this demand has to be delivered as an inherent part of the offering and not inhibit future innovation. Retail Release 14.1 provides:
- Expanded Retail Integration Console (RIC)Expanded end-to-end integration processes
- Enhanced Analytics
- Simplified integration between Planning and Merchandising
Insight. To fully deliver on the brand promise and continue providing a great customer experience, retailers need to work smarter – not just harder. As retailers focus on the customer experience, they need to be both 'reactive' and 'proactive' in their selling behaviors, and they need tools for each. Merchants need tools that allow them access to information that gets them closer to how the consumer is thinking.
- Weekly Business Review – “An Analytical Approach”
- Persona-driven usability within the application
- An embedded and in-context dashboard
- Enhanced mobile and extended mobile reference apps
- Science enhancements embedded into the suite
Specialization. The Oracle Retail solutions are built by retailers, for retailers. V14.1 continues the legacy of having delivered proven solutions to retailers for over 20 years, and continues to meet the needs of the market as it evolves. Some of the benefits of this specialized approach include:
- Extreme scalability, including Engineered Systems
- Retail Reference Library (end-to-end point of view)
- Retail Planning Platform enhancements (RPAS Hybrid Storage)
- Extended Oracle Financial Integration
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!