Last updated on DECEMBER 27, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 7.2.1 to 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Billing and Revenue Management(BRM) product error messages can sometimes be difficult to interpret. This leads to operational challenges because corrective actions are not immediately available. Moreover the true cause of error message is also often obfuscated.
BRM Logs are not very informative at Production Level (log level 1). COnsider the following concerns :
1) CM, DM Logs:
- The BRM components (CM, DM) generate various log files without information on what has been processed, what went wrong.
- Running BRM on multi-server environment and on multi-thread mode, generate more files making it almost impossible to trace a log to the executed process.
2) Pipeline Logs:
- These logs are very informative, so Pipeline log files are enough.
3) Integration Error Messages:
- BRM consumes information from other platforms through SOA and thus it is responsible to generate error message when there is a problem with the integration.
- Most time and effort of IT Operations team is spent in investigating integration issues, since, all that the error message says is: “BAD ARGUMENT” for a long string (eg: Activation Order)
- IT Operations team have to open up the message payload, look at its fields, check BRM OpCode for the necessary variables, etc
- As a last resort, IT Operations team compare the payload of a successful message with the errored one.
In this context, are there any roadmap plans in the near future to enhance BRM logging to make it more robust and easy to interpret?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms