Officesuite: Save to Agile PLM Starts Client but Does Not Open Officemask
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Agile Engineering Data Management - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Agile e220.127.116.11 with the Officesuite and Office 2007 or Office 2010 installed:
Find that if the Java Client Plugin "ECI Server" has the parameter "Start ECI Server immediately" set, the function "Save to Agile PLM" started from an Office application (like MS Word) does not work properly if the Java Client is not open and needs to be started by that command first. Then the Java Client comes up but the Officesuite mask does not open to save the Office file to e6.1.3.
If the Java Client is already open and does not have to be started by that command, the Officesuite mask opens as expected and the file can be checked in.
Independent from the setting of the ECI Server plugin the Officesuite mask should open when the Java Client is started through the Officesuite command "Save to Agile PLM"
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. On a client machine where Officesuite is installed open the Java Client Preferences and select Plugins | ECI Server.
2. Click the checkbox "Start ECI Server immediately" that it is checked.
3. Save that setting and close the Java Client again.
4. Open an application from the MS Office package like MS Word.
5. Create a new Word document.
6. Save the document locally.
7. From the Agile PLM toolbar select "Save to Agile PLM".
=> The Java Client is started.
8. After having logged in nothing else happens.
9. Double check: Start Java Client and Remove "Start ECI Server immediately" from the Java Client Preferences; save and then close Java Client again.
10. In MS Word click the "Save to Agile PLM" button again.
=> The Java Client is started and the Officesuite masks comes up to save the currently opened Word document to Agile e6.1.x.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms