System Error While Accessing Oracle RMS Forms SSO URL
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After configuring Single Sign-On (SSO) for forms based Retail Merchandising System (RMS) application and while testing the application SSO URL, it is redirected to Oracle Access Manager (OAM) but getting below error:
Error: System error. Please re-try your action. If you continue to get this error, please contact the Administrator.
Steps to Reproduce:
At a high level, the below steps are followed for SSO configuration as per the instructions from the <Document 1492047.1> - Oracle Retail Merchandising Operations Management 13.2.5: Oracle Access Manager and Single Sign-On White Paper Release (or_am_sso.pdf):
- Ran Repository Creation Utility (RCU) for Oracle Identity Management (OID)/Oracle Access Manager (OAM) for creating schemas needed for OID and OAM.
- Installed and configured OID and OAM.
- Applied the required fix in OAM console for Forms Domain.
- RMS with Forms was already installed before the OID/OAM installation. Used an existing Forms domain to configure SSO. The Forms instance was created with an Oracle HTTP Server (OHS) instance, hence no web tier was installed. Only need SSO for Forms/RMS currently. So used the OHS instance under the Forms_instance home for the rest of the SSO configuration steps below.
- Set up OSSO directory under /usr/wls…/Forms…/asinst_1/config/OHS/ohs1
- Created osso.conf file from the OAM console as per steps in <Document ID 1531370.1>.
- Copied osso.conf file to OHS server /usr/wls…/Forms…/asinst_1/config/OHS/ohs1/osso/osso.conf
- Linked Forms URL to OHS.
- Edited mod_osso.conf file in OHS.
- Restarted OHS and Forms.
- Extended Forms Domain to include EM/FMC.
- Associated Forms install with OID.
- Activated SSO in formswebg.cfg file.
- Tried to access the SSO URL to configure the Resource Access Descriptor (RAD) for RMS, but received above error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms