Error 'The network adapter could not establish the connection' When Attempting a JDBC Connection to an Oracle Database via SSL Protocol
(Doc ID 1956724.1)
Last updated on MAY 10, 2021
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 8.2 to 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to make a JDBC connection to the database over an SSL protocol, pointing to a valid Java Keystore holding the database SSL certificate, the following error occurs after entering the connection detail and trying to connect:
Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Configure the database for SSL using Server Authentication only, as instructed in Configuring End To End SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) For The Primavera P6 EPPM Modules (Doc ID 1193807.1).
- Browse to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle\Primavera P6\EPPM\Java.
- Run the dbconfig.cmd database configuration utility.
- Attempt to make connection over SSL to the database.
- Note the reported error, even with the SSL certificate loaded into the keystore.
- This will also be the root issue for any INTERNAL_PLUGINS application from P6 Professional, and any P6 EPPM web based application connection.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!