Missing Transaction Occurs When Store Is Opened from Multiple Registers in Offline Mode
Last updated on AUGUST 01, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.4 to 13.4.9 [Release 13.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS) 13.4.x, when a store is opened in server offline mode from multiple registers on the same business date from the daily operations service (Daily Operations – Start of Day), then the store open transaction gets missed at times for one or more registers.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Store is closed.
2. Multiple registers point to the same server. In our example we have used two registers: 129 & 100.
1. Launch Server & Client for registers 129 & 100.
2. Bring down the store server.
3. Open store from registers 129 & 100 on same business date.
4. Re-launch server.
5. Wait for the transaction queue created on each register to be picked up and consumed.
6. Check the database to see if store open transaction is present for both registers. Note that one of the two open transactions was missed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms