First Usage Is Not Triggering The Purchase Of First Usage Deal
(Doc ID 1958455.1)
Last updated on MARCH 11, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 7.3.0 to 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Consider a plan "My Plan", wherein, if customer made any usage on currency bucket, then it should purchase a First Usage deal, but its not working as expected whenever an add-on deal is purchased in between.
- "My Plan" contain a "My Deal" which is an account level deal. This deal has a account level product "My First Usage Credit" which impacts (-60) currency via purchase event. This product is configured for First Usage .
- "My First Usage Deal" is First Usage deal and it has one product under it, having Cycle Arrear [ -60 currency impact] and Purchase Event [ -30 non-currency impact ].
- User created a relationship between these two deals ("My Deal" and "My First Usage Deal") in a table and some customization such that when an currency impact happens via First Usage, then the deal "My First Usage Deal" will be purchased to account and then user is able to see this deal in Customer center [ previously this deal is not part of account].
- Account is created with "My Plan".
- If any first usage comes in, currency impact will happen and "My First Usage Deal" deal is getting purchased. This is ok and as expected (as per customization mentioned in step 3).
- If an add-on deal is purchased which gives some free resource and then first usage comes in, it will use the free resources, then its not purchasing the deal. This is also ok.
- After all free resource is over, any usage impacts the currency resource, then "My First Usage Deal" is NOT getting purchased. This is not ok. It is expected that the deal "My First Usage Deal" gets purchased.
In the customization mentioned above, it looks for out-of-box (OOB) notification event "/event/billing/sub_bal_validity" to purchase the "My First Usage Deal". In step 7, it appears that this notify event is not generated and hence the customization is failing.
Why the OOB event notify /event/billing/sub_bal_validity is not getting created at step 7 ?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document