RMS Item Receiving Form Allows Future Receive Date
(Doc ID 1959368.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 25, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.2.6 to 13.2.9 [Release 13.2]
Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.0 to 14.0.4 [Release 14.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When executing a receipt on the Item Receiving window [recitem], a future date is allowed in the Receive Date field. Regardless of the Receive Date, the shipment, Purchase Order (PO), and ITEM_LOC_SOH are immediately updated with the receipt quantities; however, the transaction is not posted to TRAN_DATA_HISTORY until the Receive Date that was entered during the receipt. This seems to create a scenario where inventory can be received, transferred, sold, etc., before the financial transaction is posted (i.e., before inventory is financially owned).
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create and approve a purchase order (PO) in RMS.
- In Inventory -> Shipping -> Order Shipment, create a shipment for the PO created in step #1.
- In Inventory -> Receiving -> Item Receiving, receive the shipment created in step #2, entering a future date in the 'Receive Date' field.
- Note that the PO and shipment records, as well as ITEM_LOC_SOH, are updated with the receipt quantities from step #3.
- Note that the receipt record is inserted on the TRAN_DATA table with the future receipt date as the TRAN_DATE.
- If the VDATE is advanced to the future receipt date (from step #3), note that the record is posted to the TRAN_DATA_HISTORY table with a TRAN_DATE and POST_DATE of the receipt date used in step #3.
- Issue: Using a future receive date, inventory can be received, transferred, sold, etc. before the financial transaction is ever posted.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document