Last updated on MARCH 25, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.2.6 to 13.2.9 [Release 13.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS) 13.2.6, when executing a receipt on the Item Receiving window [recitem], a future date is allowed in the Receive Date field. Regardless of the Receive Date, the shipment, Purchase Order (PO), and ITEM_LOC_SOH are immediately updated with the receipt quantities; however, the transaction is not posted to TRAN_DATA_HISTORY until the Receive Date that was entered during the receipt. This seems to create a scenario where inventory can be received, transferred, sold, etc., before the financial transaction is posted (i.e., before inventory is financially owned).
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create and approve a purchase order (PO) in RMS.
- In Inventory -> Shipping -> Order Shipment, create a shipment for the PO created in step #1.
- In Inventory -> Receiving -> Item Receiving, receive the shipment created in step #2, entering a future date in the 'Receive Date' field.
- Note that the PO and shipment records, as well as ITEM_LOC_SOH, are updated with the receipt quantities from step #3.
- Note that the receipt record is inserted on the TRAN_DATA table with the future receipt date as the TRAN_DATE.
- If the VDATE is advanced to the future receipt date (from step #3), note that the record is posted to the TRAN_DATA_HISTORY table with a TRAN_DATE and POST_DATE of the receipt date used in step #3.
- Issue: Using a future receive date, inventory can be received, transferred, sold, etc. before the financial transaction is ever posted.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms