Lower Retail Is Not Proposed in Secondary Zone When Competitor Is Defined
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Price Management - Version 126.96.36.199 to 13.2.5 [Release 13.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Price Management (RPM) 13.2.x, the proposed price is not taking the lower of the two retail prices when an Area Differential Strategy is layered with a Competitive Strategy. This occurs if the Basis Retail is within the acceptable range defined for the competitor assigned to the secondary zone.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Set up Area Differential Strategy at Department level for Primary Zone Group as defined in RPM_MERCH_RETAIL_DEF.
a. Zone Group must have at least 3 zones
b. At least one of the zones must have a competitor assigned
c. Apply Price Guide to each Secondary Zone
- Set up Competitive Strategy for Primary Zone at Department and Class level
a. Rule to be above Competitor
b. Acceptable Range From value defined
c. Acceptable Range To value defined
d. Apply Price Guide to Competitive Strategy
- Identify items with identical Zone Retail Prices
a. At least one of the items has identical prices for all locations within Primary and Secondary Zones
b. At least one of the items has at least 5 different price points within the zone to create an Average Retail that will be within the Acceptable Range of the Secondary Zone
- Upload data to COMP_PRICE_HIST
a. At least one item must be within acceptable range for competitor identified in step 2d
b. The same Price Point is loaded for multiple items with varying average zone retail prices
- Run merchextractbatch
- Verify that worksheets generate for Primary and Secondary Zones
- Note that New Retail for the item in the Secondary Zone where the average retail was within the Acceptable Range used the Area Differential Rule (higher than Primary) instead of the Layered Competitive Strategy for the Secondary Zone (lower than competitor).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms