Connectivity Issue Between Transall in Windows System and DB2 in Mainframes
Last updated on APRIL 02, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Documaker - Version 11.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to connect to the DB2 environment on the mainframe via Transall from Windows, the connection fails and Transall becomes unresponsive. No output is received.
Steps to Recreate
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Set up a SQL Data Source in Transall
2. Click in ‘Data Source’ in Transall Component Inspector
3. Select ‘Machine Data Source Tab’ and then select the required DSN (Data Source Name)
4. Enter the connection credentials in the next screen.
5. Result: Transall attempts to connect to the Database and then becomes unresponsive.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms