“FRM: 40508-ORACLE Error: Unable To INSERT Record” Error When Closing ReSA Transaction Detail Form
(Doc ID 1962480.1)
Last updated on APRIL 10, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Sales Audit - Version 14.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Opening a transaction with no Item, and without doing do anything more on the form, click the OK button on the transaction detail form and the error below is displayed:
The error “FRM: 40508-ORACLE error: unable to INSERT record” is general error but not specific .
Root cause: ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("RMS14DEV"."SA_TRAN_ITEM"."ITEM_STATUS")
Steps to recreate:
1. Go To RMS Application.
2. Navigate Left Menu Action-->Sale Audit--> Additional Operation.
3. Open Transaction Maintenance.
4. Select Edit in Action Drop Down list on Transaction Find Form.
5. Search Transactions with Tran. Type= 'OPEN' on Transaction Find Form . These Transactions don't have any item. That's mean they existed in SA_TRAN_HEAD but NOT exist in SA_TRAN_ITEM.
6. Open transaction on Transaction Detail Form.
7. Click OK.
8. Message Error Displayed : “FRM: 40508-ORACLE error: unable to INSERT record.” this is general error but not specific error.
9. After That navigate Top Menu Help-->Display Error.
10. You will see the specific error in the window error.
ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("RMS14DEV"."SA_TRAN_ITEM"."ITEM_STATUS")
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document