'Unexpected Exception' Occurs With Return Without Receipt in Offline POS (Point of Service) Server
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If the Point of Service (POS) client is disconnected from the POS server (i.e., shut down POS server), an "unexpected exception occurred" message is displayed when doing a return WITHOUT receipt.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Disconnect POS client from POS server (shutdown POS server).
- Log in to POS client > F2/return > F3/no receipt.
- Add an item (e.g., 1234) and click Next.
- Fill out Return Item Info screen and click Next.
- Do some steps to add customer.
- Click F6/Tender.
- Click F3/Mail Bank Check.
- Error occurs. Same problem with Gift Card and Store Credit options.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms