Double Discount Upon Recalculation (30 Days Proration Related)
(Doc ID 1963450.1)
Last updated on MARCH 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management(BRM), 184.108.40.206.0 Version,
Recently observed an issue where certain type of deals ( bundles + discount associated with them) upon purchase with certain START/END dates generate incorrect recalculations for already existing percentage discount.
1. Create Subscription with any tariff plan with Cycle Forward charge on 10.24.2014 (BDOM = 24)
2. Purchase on 10.24.2014 percentage discount X that's applicable on tariff plan CF charge (e.g. 60%)
3. Bill the account (to use single charge bill as a reference instead of double one as every first bill for CF charges is)
4. Purchase Bundle deal on 12.23.2014 05:00 (will get rounded to midnight) with pre-set end date to 01.22.2015 22:00 (The date here HAS to be during a month is 31 days long)
5. Bill the account on 12.24.2014
1. X discount gets applied twice on the same charge resulting in negative total amount (-120% in total).
The percentage discount is unaffected by purchase of bundle type deal.
Please note that moving any of the two dates (start/end) even one day forward or backwards changes the whole behavior and the charge is not double anynmore, but 1 charge split into two subperiods instead. It's correct in total though. Also performing the same thing by moving the dates up to a moment where point 4 is done during 30 days long month generates no issues.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document