Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.2.5 to 13.2.9 [Release 13.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a RTV is approved in RMS, it is sent to SIM as a Request. In SIM the request is opened and the actual quantity is entered. Instead of clicking on dispatch, if just 'done' is clicked it will move the RTV to Pending status from Requested. In this case, the RTV quantity saved in SIM is not equal to the quantity requested from RMS, and the delta is sent in an RTVDesc message with status as 'A'. Once RMS subscribes to the message successfully, the status of the RTV is changed to In Progress from Approved and the RTV QTY is changed by the delta quantity (incremented or decremented). When an RTV is in In Progress status, changes to it are disabled.
Current Issue: When there is no difference between the requested quantity and the quantity saved in SIM, SIM does not publish RTVDesc message and this leaves the RTV in Approved status in RMS, making it vulnerable for updates.
Resolution: Allow RMS to subscribe RTV with zero quantity and update RTV status.
Instructions to Re-create:
1. Create an RTV Request in RMS and approve it.
2. In SIM open the RTV in requested status and set Quantity same as Requested quantity.
3. Click on done to change the RTV status in SIM to Pending.
4. Notice that SIM does not sent any RTVDesc message to RMS.
5. The status of RTV in RMS remains in approved status, giving scope for cancellation.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms