Transfer Cost Is Being Set Equal to Transfer Retail When Using Retail Accounting Method
Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 22.214.171.124 to 13.1.9 [Release 13.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Transfer Cost is being set equal to Transfer Retail when using the retail accounting method. This is due to WEEK_DATA.CUM_MARKON_PCT being set to a value of 0 (zero). This is occurring in the first week of the first month of a new half after the previous half had a physical inventory, and inventory levels for the dept/class/subclass are set to zero, in addition to having no new inventory transactions occur during the first week of the new half.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a new department/class/subclass for a WH location.
- Create items and a new purchase order (PO) for the new dept/class/subclass/location.
- Receive the items on the PO within the current half and month_no = 4.
- In the same End of Week the PO is received, transfer half of the merchandise to a store - Transfer Cost should be set to AVG_Cost based on PO receipt.
- Advance date to end of week and Run salweek. WEEK_DATA.CUM_MARKON_PCT is calculated for current week.
- Transfer all remaining merchandise to another store. The new transfers cost should be based on WEEK_DATA.CUM_MARKON_PCT.
- Advance date to end of month and run salmth. Validate that MONTH_DATA.CUM_MARKON_PCT is updated correctly based on retail accounting. Validate that MONTH_DATA.GROSS_MARGIN_AMT values are correct.
- When month_no = 5, schedule cycle_count unit and dollars. Complete cycle count (ensure inventory or counts are set to zero).
- Run supporting jobs and salweek for each week of month. Validate that WEEK_DATA.CUM_MARKON_PCT and WEEK_DATA.GROSS_MARGIN_AMT continue to get set properly.
- Run supporting jobs salmth and confirm MONTH_DATA.CUM_MARKON_PCT calculate properly.
- Run supporting jobs and salweek for week in current half for month = 6; do validations.
- Run salmth for month 6; do validations.
- Run saleoh for end of half.
- Run supporting jobs and salweek for first week of first month for new half – WEEK_DATA.CUM_MARKON_PCT will get set to 0.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms