Backslash Symbol Present in Customer EMail Address Field is Duplicated Multiple Times Upon Linking Customer to a Transaction
Last updated on MARCH 09, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 12.0.9IN and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service 12.0.9IN (India Localization) version, if customer information contains a backslash symbol [" \ "] in EMail address field,
a problem occurs when linking that customer to a transaction.
Searching that customer and linking in a transaction, then saving that transaction, results in the backslash symbol being duplicated in the customer record in LO_EML_ADS by a factor of two.
Steps To Reproduce:
Find a customer with an email address that contains "\"
1. POS -> customer -> Find -> Cust. ID
2. Enter the customer ID, for a customer with an email address that contains "\",
ex. '04241137' ( LO_EML_ADS.EM_ADS = 'amr\email@example.com')
3. Notice the value of the Email: 'amr\firstname.lastname@example.org'
5. Customer -> Find -> Cust. ID
6. Enter customer ID: 04241137
7. Notice the value of the Email: 'amr\\email@example.com'
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms