FRM-40200: Field is Protected Against Update Error when Entering Work Order on Asset List Wizard
(Doc ID 1967201.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Management - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If Users do not have "Insert" privileges for the Asset module, they are unable to use the Asset List Wizard. The LOV button for the Work Order/Task fields are not displayed. If you attempt to manually type a work order number, the following error is displayed:
FRM-40200: Field is protected against update
The Asset List Wizard is used to add multiple assets to a work order task. Users should not need Insert privileges for the Asset module to use the Wizard.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Make sure your Responsibility has the Function GROUP POPULATE TASK ASSET LIST
2. Update the Responsibility so that the Asset module does not have "Insert" privileges
3. On the Asset Search screen, search for ACTIVE Assets
4. On the Asset Search Results screen, select the action "Asset List Wizard'
5. Select the indicators for a few Assets
6. Select NEXT
7. Wizard is displayed
8. The LOV button for the Work Order/Task fields are not displayed
9. Update the Responsibility so that the Asset module has Insert privileges
10. Re-test using the same steps. The LOV buttons are now displayed
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document