Usage Event Assigned To Wrong Cycle For Bill Units With More Than 2 Months Unbilled Cycles
(Doc ID 1967485.1)
Last updated on APRIL 11, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Usages are being assigned to the wrong cycle when a bill unit is unbilled for more than 2 months.
Invoices for the bill units encountering this issue contains usages that's supposed to fall on a later cycle.
1. Account created and provisioned on Sept. 1 with DOM of 1.
* Account is unbilled until its 4th cycle
2. Usages loaded for the accounts 3rd cycle (e.g. 11/15 & 11/16)
* this will be assigned to 2nd cycles bill item
3. Account's 1st and 2nd cycles billed on 11/20.
* Usages loaded for 11/15 and 11/16 will appear in 2nd cycles invoice.
Steps to recreate this issue:
1. Create an account with a service that can be loaded with usages (delayed / pre-rated events). BRM should have pre-created the bill items for the current and next cycle.
2. Use PVT to move the time to the bill unit's 3rd cycle.
3. Load usages for the that 3rd cycle. Usage events should have been assigned by pipeline to the 2nd cycle bill item for usage.
4. Bill the 1st 2 cycle and generate the invoice. Usage event for the 3rd cycle will be in the 2nd bill.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document