Last updated on MARCH 29, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 1.11 to 1.12]
Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 1.11 to 1.12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When in Study Mode, the Control Tool allows you to place model edits and manually repredict outages upstream and downstream. These operations are actually affecting the real-time model which should never occur.
Predictions in Study Mode impact the events in Real Time mode.
Study mode operations should have no impact on the actual real time model.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1.One example tested is to log a call and create a PSO
2. Locate the outage device in the viewer
3. Place the viewer in study mode
4. Select the device and repredict upstream
5. Notice that workAgenda now reflects the outage on an upstream device (Workagenda does NOT have a study mode)
6. Put the viewer back in real time and note that the outage has moved upstream
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms