ImportExportPricing Missing Pricing Import Validations
Last updated on JUNE 25, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Pricing Design Center - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : PDC 126.96.36.199.0 version, ImportExportPricing Utility
ImportExportPricing (IEP) tool does not validate imported pricing for some data errors discussed below.
A package was edited manually in the XML and two balance elements with the same balanceElementNumCode were added. The package was imported OK while it should not be, because the same balance element cannot be defined twice ( this is not possible in the UI ).
Steps to reproduce:
- ImportExportPricing -export MyData -config -pricing -profile -appsvruser weblogic -pdcuser pdcuser
- From the exported pricing xml, prepare an xml that contains one package, Example snippet below :
- ImportExportPricing -import -pricing My_Package.xml -appsvruser weblogic -pdcuser pdcuser
- See that the above command returns a success.
- From pdc UI one can see the package and can see that there are two rows for same resource , under Balances tab. This is not correct. So IEP tool should have somehow prevented user from loading the file.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOR :
ImportExportPricing tool should do validation of the above scenario and throw an error instead of successfully loading the data into the pricing database
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms