Last updated on AUGUST 14, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 13.2.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM) application, find that running the bulk promotion price change batch (PromotionPriceChange.sh) in multi threaded mode causes deadlocks. Also find that, when processing modifications to promotions, a massively large number of records are inserted into SIM database table RK_BPP_PRICE_CHANGE_DEL.
Steps to recreate:
1. Create a large number of promotions for items at a store in Retail Price Management (RPM) application
2. Run the required RPM batches to generate the input file for SIM
3. Ensure that the input file is placed in the directory specified by BPP_INPUT_DIR in SIM database table dba_directories
4. Ensure that the PromotionPriceChange batch is configured to run in multi threaded mode
5. Start the batch with input file
6. Find that a massively large number of records is inserted into SIM database table RK_BPP_PRICE_CHANGE_DEL.
7. Also observe the following errors in the log file created in the directory specified by "BPP_LOG_DIR" in dba_directories table
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms