Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.2.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a PREDIST order arrives at the WH it updates STOCK_ON_HAND at WH and does not reserve the quantity for Allocation. It is expected that such orders are immediately sent from WH via ‘PP’ (Pick pending) message as the inventory is not reserved at WH here, hence leading to the increase in QTY_DISTRO in Allocation table.
If the user does not perform this step of sending ‘PP’ message immediately, the stock at the WH would be seen as available for ‘other transactions’ but they cannot create any transfer/allocation using this stock. This is an expected behavior in RMS.
However, When receiving a PO that is already allocated, STOCK_ON_HAND is updated but TSF_RESERVED_QTY and TSF_EXPECTED_QTY are not. In Item Location Inventory Screen we see an "available" quantity that we cannot allocate nor transfer it because it's already distributed. As PO can stay from 1 to 5 days in the warehouse before is shipped, RMS show a wrong quantity, this has a major impact in DW's reports.
One example that makes Pre-allocated PO to stay in the warehouse for a few days is purchase orders made for an opening store, because items will only be shipped near to the store opening day.
Steps to Re-Create:
1. Create and Approve a PO for an item that has 0 stock;
2. Create and Approve an Allocation with all PO quantities for a store;
4. Create and Validate NF for PO Receiving;
5. Create and Submit Fiscal Schedule with the NF above;
6. Receive PO;
7. Check that PO has been received and allocation has distro_qty updated;
8. Check that as RWMS received the PO, there is available stock at ITEM_LOC_SOH.STOCK_ON_HAND;
9. Check Item Location Inventory Screen and see "as a user" that you "have" stock available;
10. Try to allocate or transfer this stock and see that it's not going to be possible;
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms