Distribution Does Not Create Sufficient Picks
(Doc ID 1983336.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System - Version 13.1 to 13.1.9 [Release 13.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Distribution does not create sufficient pick directives to fulfill the store orders even though inventory exists for the items in the warehouse. This happens in the following 2 scenarios:
Distribution is not creating all of the CF_PICK_SYS picks for an item that is associated to an order, even though there is enough inventory in the reserve locations and pick_from_loc and the proper ROP processes are assigned.
Instructions to Re-create
- Ensure all SCP parms are set as the customer, specifically changing the pick_by_loc_non and pick_by_loc_con = 'N'.
- Create new item, having the processes of BD, BT, CD, CF, and U, item_master 11030154 innerpack=1, casepack=4
- Associate the item to the forward picking location.
- Forward Case having processes of BD, BT, CD, CF, CT
- Reserve location having processes of BD, BT, CD, CT 5 cases having 4 units each
- Pick_from_loc record shows the unit_qty = 12, distributed_qty = 0 capacity = 24, unit_replen_qty = 4, inbound_qty= 0, casepack=4
- Stock_allocation has four stores getting 8 units for each store.
- 1001 item = 111030154 requested qty =4
- 1002 item = 111030154 requested qty =4
- 1003 item = 111030154 requested qty =4
- 1004 item = 111030154 requested qty =4
- Allocate the order and run_distribution process.
- The stock_allocation shows the following:
- 1001 item = 111030154 requested qty =8 distributed_qty = 8
- 1002 item = 111030154 requested qty =8 distributed_qty = 8
- 1003 item = 111030154 requested qty =8 distributed_qty = 8
- 1004 item = 111030154 requested qty =4 distributed_qty = 4
- The pick_from_loc now reflects as follows:
- unit_qty = 12, distributed_qty = 28 capacity = 24, unit_replen_qty = 4, inbound_qty= 0, casepack=4
- Rollback the order and schedule_rop_distribution and still the same results occur.
The running of distribution where picks are going to be created out of a forward picking location, CF_PICK_SYS, when allocating the orders, only two are being allocated. However, immediately following, selecting the remaining orders for the item, and running the distribution process, the orders are now allocated.
Instructions to Re-create
- label reserve = ‘N’
- Create item having CF Pick Sys, and BD pick processes
- Create forward case location having CF and BD pick process
- Associate item with forward case location with unit qty = 3, capacity = 137, casepack = 1
- Create pallet inventory in a reserve location (location having BD process), having 135 containers (casepack = 1)
- Create 13 orders to 13 stores
- Stores 2, 3, 5, 8, and 13 each requesting 2 cases and the rest of the stores requesting 1 case for a total of 18 cases
- Wave these orders, only the first two orders are distributed and now the pick from loc has unit qty = 0
- Rewave the remaining 11 orders, they are now distributed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document