Wrong Balance Impacts In ECE Rating With Discount Sharing Group Offer
(Doc ID 1984695.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 11.2.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Discount Sharing Groups feature is being tested in a setup with ECE 22.214.171.124.0 + BRM PS8 + PDC PS5
- During the tests, it was found that the balance impacts are wrong during rating/discounting
- Issue was that for every usage (intended balance impact), it impacted 2 times more in the balances of the Owner of DSG.
- For Ex: usage of 1GB (on owner/member) reflects as a consumption of 2GB from the shared bundle of the owner. In the attached ecs log find 1 usage on owner and 1 usage on member
- After investigating the rating/discounting flow as per ecs log, it was found that there were two charge packets and discount applied on both resulting in double impacts
Although there are two charge packets, discount is expected to be applied only on one of them because in the chargeRatePlan configuration, the resource id in one of the charge packet is configured as "Do not discount". So the question is why both the charge packets are being discounted resulting in double discount ?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!