TimeZone Settings For BRM To Recognize Correct DST Rule
(Doc ID 1986071.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 18, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 7.4.0 to 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
TZ variable of the operating system has been set to America/Mexico_City , in order to handle a scenario where actual physical server of BRM instance is located in US Central timezone( e.g.: Austin,Texas) but service provider is in Mexico City and service provider expect BRM to recognize DST( Daylight Savings Time) rule of Mexico City even if physical servers are located in US central timezone.
With above TZ settings in place, BRM services doesn't recognize the Mexico_City's DST rule , instead it recognize US Central timezone's DST rule.
> /usr/sbin/zdump -v /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Mexico_City | grep 2015
/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Mexico_City Sun Apr 5 07:59:59 2015 UTC = Sun Apr 5 01:59:59 2015 CST isdst=0 gmtoff=-21600
/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Mexico_City Sun Apr 5 08:00:00 2015 UTC = Sun Apr 5 03:00:00 2015 CDT isdst=1 gmtoff=-18000
/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Mexico_City Sun Oct 25 06:59:59 2015 UTC = Sun Oct 25 01:59:59 2015 CDT isdst=1 gmtoff=-18000
/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Mexico_City Sun Oct 25 07:00:00 2015 UTC = Sun Oct 25 01:00:00 2015 CST isdst=0 gmtoff=-21600
For a particular account, purchase some onetime products after the server timezone (TZ variable) changed to America/Mexico_City.
As the DST rule for Mexico in year 2015 Apr 5 2015 +600, Oct 25 2015 +500, purchase 3 onetime products in different dates as follows:
1. Oct 20, purchase first product
2. Oct 29, purchase second product
3. Nov 4, purchase third product (since US DST change at Nov 1 2015)
The results are :
1. For the Oct 20 purchased product, the event start_t is 1445317226 which means Tue, 20 Oct 2015 05:00:26 GMT (+5:00) as expected
2. For the Oct 29 purchased product, the event start_t is 1446094836 which means Thu, 29 Oct 2015 05:00:36 GMT (+5:00) not expected
3. For the Nov 4 purchased product, the event start_t is 1446530430which means Thu Tue, 03 Nov 2015 06:00:30 GMT (+6:00) as expected
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Questions and Answers|