Forms Error in RMS Area Maintenance Screen: "FRM:40508 -ORACLE error: Unable to INSERT Record"
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS) 14.0.x, we are receiving the following error on the Area Maintenance screen:
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log in to RMS application.
- Navigate: Actions --> Organization Hierarchy --> Area.
- Create a new area by clicking the New button.
- In Area Maintenance screen, try to create an already existing area by entering the area number and clicking OK.
Expected: Error appears: "Area number already exists. Enter a new value."
- Now, attempt to create a new area by providing a unique number and click on OK.
Expected: System should prompt for other mandatory fields to be entered, such as "Area Description”
Actual: Again getting the error: "FRM:40508 -ORACLE error: unable to INSERT record."
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms