Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 12.0.10 to 12.1 [Release 12.0]
Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.2 to 13.2.9 [Release 13.2]
Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.0 to 14.0.2 [Release 14.0]
Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This article will be updated as official patch information becomes available.
In Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS), while receiving a component item in a purchase order (PO) and setting the distribution location to be only 1 virtual warehouse (VWH), the quantity is fully received and prorated to all the virtual warehouses of the physical warehouse equally, although only one of the VWH's was set in the PO.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create an item and range it to two Virtual Warehouses in the same physical warehouse (PWH). (PWH should have 2 VWH only.)
- Create a simple pack item, and add the item from step 1 to be its component.
- Range the pack item to the same 2 virtual warehouses and ensure the stock on hand (SOH) for them is zero.
- Create and approve a PO for the pack item. Adjust the distribution to be 100% to the first Virtual Warehouse only.
- Eeceive the component item against the physical warehouse.
- Receipt occurs. It is expected that the full quantity is received in VWH 1 only, as set in the PO distribution. However, quantity is instead received and divided equally among both VWHs.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms