Referenced Part Attribute Not Updated, Though the External Reference Is Broken In MCAD Connector
Last updated on JUNE 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM MCAD Connector - Version 3.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 3.3 version, SolidWorks Connector
If External reference is saved after completely breaking (as a feature part in Assembly) it with respect to Assembly, the referenced part attribute is not updated, it still shows the “Link reference” with the same Assembly, although the relationship tab does not shows any Assembly reference.
External references when broken in Assembly, the referenced part attribute should be updated too to show that the link is no longer valid with the same Assembly
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Save external reference in Agile in non broken condition
2. Execute SAVE PREVIEW COMMAND through MCAD connector with the part in external references (External Reference is not broken)
3. Link Reference attributes title block of PART-002 is updated for reference Assy. Number by MCAD through Save preview command
4. In relationship tab of PART-002, Assembly number is updated, by MCAD through Save preview command
5. Check out the already saved part and then Saving external reference in Agile in completely broken condition
6. File is saved after permanently breaking the External References from the Model.
7. PART-002 is saved with complete broken reference condition in Version 2.
8. Link Reference still shows with the Assembly Design Part in Rev 002 against the attribute in Title block. But it has been broken completely and saved in Agile.
9. No Assembly Reference is available in the relationship tab of PART-002
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms