OPA Rules Engine Does Not Fully Complete The Inferencing Cycle
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Policy Automation - Version 10.4.4.21.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer reported that in some circumstances the rules engine does not fully complete the inferencing cycle. This results in values not being set which can therefore result in failure of the surrounding processes.
This issue is identifiable where the identifying attribute for a created entity is set, but no further inferencing can be done from that fact. Inferencing is still possible from relationships for that created entity.
It has not been possible to isolate this issue with a sample rulebase - however it is affecting multiple rulebases within the project. The issue is readily repeatable within those rulebases
Issue is reproduced with both 10.4.4 and 10.4.5 OPM versions.
Repro steps with the rulebase attached:
1. Please use the directory structure within the zip so that the rulebase can access the modules.
2. Build and debug the rulebase without screens.
3. Import 78.xml (also within the zip).
4. You will see that the inferred entity 'all instances of the letter output' now has 2 instances (AFP15004L and AFP15007L_1).
5. The initial instance (AFP15004L) is well formed and is behaving as expected.
6. The latter instance (AFP15007L_1) has a number of unknowns:
7. If you right click and investigate any one of these and then click back on the Data tab you will see that all of aforementioned attributes are now populated. This is what we are referring to as the double-think situation.
8. The rules for inferring these instances and populating the attributes are within Rules > Letters > LetterCreation_General.doc.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms