A Rerating Job Getting Created During Subscription Transfer
(Doc ID 1991097.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, Rerating/Rebilling
The user is getting below error message while running rerating after transfer the subscription:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. On Feb 7th, create a subscriber on bill cycle 8 with the "Data - Mobile internet 1GB" plan (a subscription-level balance monitor and a rerating job are automatically created through customization)
2. On Feb 7th, run pin_monitor_balance
3. On Feb 7th, run rerating
4. On Feb 8th, bill the subscriber
5. On Feb 8th, run pin_monitor_balance
6. On Feb 8th, perform some data usage consuming the non-currency data resource granted by the "Data - Mobile internet 1GB" plan
7. On Feb 8th, perform some data usage depleting the non-currency data resource granted by the "Data - Mobile internet 1GB" plan
8. On Feb 8th, run pin_monitor_balance
9. On Feb14th, create a customer account and run rerating
10. On Feb 23rd, transfer the subscription created at step 1 to the customer account created at step 9
11. On Feb 23rd, run pin_monitor_balance
12. On Feb 23rd, run rerating, we get above error
At step 10, when transferring the subscription from account with POID 13768725961 created at step 1 to the account with POID 13768725327 created at step 9, the OOB subscription transfer code creates a rerating job for the source account with POID 13768725961 with a process start date on Feb 7th.
A customization has been implemented in order to create a rerating job on the source account with a process start date on the last billing day (Feb 8th in this scenario) during a subscription transfer. However, because the OOB subscription transfer already creates a rerating job with an earlier process start date, the customization does not create a new rerating job.
OOB subscription transfer code is create a rerating job.
OOB subscription transfer code should not create a rerating job.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document