RMS Processes ASNOutCre by Creating Transfer as EXTERNAL With Null Context Type
(Doc ID 1992439.1)
Last updated on MAY 23, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.2.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a transfer in Store Inventory Management (SIM) and dispatching it, two messages are created: ASNOutCre and SOStatusCre. Upon creating the transfer in SIM but without dispatching, it creates SOStatusCre only. If SOStatusCre is processed first, it creates the transfer in Retail Merchandising System (RMS) with the context type, and then the ASNOutCre creates a related shipment for receiving. However, if the Retail Integration Bus (RIB) processes the ASNOutCre first, it creates the transfer in RMS as EXTERNAL with no context type (because that information is in the SOStatusCre). When the SOStatusCre is later processed, it does not update the context type field.
This can happen because SOStatusCre and ASNOutCre are sent within milliseconds of each other. If the SOStatus queue is backlogged or the SOStatus adapter is offline, the ASNOutCre will get processed first.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new transfer in SIM and include context details.
2. Dispatch this transfer.
3. Ensure SOStatusCre is processed first and then ASNOutCre.
4. Check RMS tables and observe that context details are populated in TSFHEAD.
5. Create new transfer in SIM and include context details.
6. Dispatch this transfer.
7. Ensure ASNOutCre is processed first and then SOStatusCre.
8. Check RMS tables and observe that context details are NOT populated in TSFHEAD.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document