Intermediate Temp Tables (C$) Created in Retail Analytics Batches Require Cleanup
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising Analytics - Version 13.2.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the Oracle Retail Analytics (RA) 13.2.3 interfaces "SDE_RetailWholesalefranchiseLoad" and "SDE_RetailItemSeasonDimensionLoad" the "DELETE TEMPORARY OBJECT" option is set to False. This option should be set to "True," as if it is not, the Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) job will create intermediate temp tables (known as 'C$' tables) by using this Loading Knowledge Module (LKM). Manual cleanup of these artifacts could be extensive, so it is essential that the cleanup is handled by ODI's LKM itself.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Open SDE_RETAIL_ADAPTOR.
- Navigate to "SDE_RetailWholesalefranchiseFact" sub folder.
- Open Interface "SDE_RetailWholesalefranchiseLoad".
- Go to Flow Option --> LKM (LKM RA Oracle to Oracle (DBLink) with Control).
- Check for the option "DELETE TEMPORARY OBJECT".
- Note that the object is set to "False" and should instead be set to "True"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms