Wastage Inventory Adjustment Does Multiple Adjustments and Does Not Check for Schedule ID Store
Last updated on JUNE 03, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The issue reported via this note exists in both SIM versions 14.0.X ,14.1.X and 15.0.X. This note contains the solution for all versions.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM) application, we find that SIM generates multiple wastage inventory adjustments for the same item. The number of wastage inventory adjustments is directly proportional to the number of records that exist for the store in SIM database table PRODUCT_GROUP_SCHED_STORE.
Steps to Recreate:
- Ensure that there are multiple records in SIM database table PRODUCT_GROUP_SCHED_STORE for the store (ex: 10).
- Find an item at the store that has positive stock on hand (ex: 20).
- Log into SIM and create a "Wastage" product group.
- Enter the variance quantity (ex: 5) and add the item to product group.
- Create a product group schedule for the above product group.
- Run the WastageInventoryAdjustment.sh batch.
- Query STORE_ITEM_STOCK table and note that the stock on hand (SOH) is incorrectly updated - i.e., Original SOH: 20; after the batch the SOH is updated as zero.
- Query MPS_STAGED_MESSAGE table and note that SIM has published multiple Inventory Adjustment Create (InvAdjustCre) messages to SIM, each with the variance value specified (ex: 10 messages each with a quantity of 5).
- Query STORE_ITEM_STOCK_HISTORY table and note that there are multiple wastage inventory adjustment records created (ex: 10).
- Delete the records from PRODUCT_GROUP_SCHED_STORE for the store and recreate the test with a different item. Note that only one wastage inventory adjustment is published.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms