RTLOG Generated For Gift Card Activation Cancelled Transaction In ORPOS Does Not Contain ITEM Record
(Doc ID 1994498.1)
Last updated on JUNE 05, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 14.0.1 to 14.1 [Release 14.0 to 14.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On a Gift Card re-issue transaction, the Tender line item is pre-populated with Cash tender line while cancelling Gift Card activation and the RTLOG generated for the transaction in ORPOS fails in Retail Sale Audit (RESA).
Steps to reproduce:
1. Login to Point of Service application "POS F3".
2. Click "More F9" >> "Gift Card/Cert. F7" >> "Gift Card F2" >> "Issue F2" &parent=EXTERNAL_SEARCH" rel="nofollow" 10.00 F2".
3. Enter a Gift Card number which is already activated.
4. Gift Card line item displays at Sell Item screen. Click on "Tender F6" button.
5. Click on "Cash F2" for Payment.
6. POS opens Cash Drawer and accepts the payment. Then POS makes call to activate the Gift Card. POS displays Gift Card Error screen with proper error message. Press Enter button.
An error occurred while attempting to activate the Gift Card
ending in 2222.
Press Enter to enter a different Gift Card number.
7. POS displays Sell Gift Card screen and prompts to enter other Gift Card number. Press Cancel button here.
8. Press Yes for Cancel confirmation.
9. POS displays Gift Card Activation Cancel error screen. Press Enter button.
Canceling of gift card ending in 2222 will cause the item
to be removed from the transaction.
The amount of 10.00 will be refunded.
10. POS displays refund Options screen where Cash line item is already added. Select "cash" line and Click on "Delete" on the global activation.
11. Transaction gets completed. Click "Print" for printing the receipt.
12. Notice that the RTLOG generated for the transaction is missing the TITEM record.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document