Employee Search Not Working With 'ß' in Employee Name
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Back Office - Version 13.4.1 to 13.4.9 [Release 13.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This article will be updated as official patch information becomes available.
In Oracle Retail Back Office (ORBO) 13.4.x, the Employee Search function does not return any result when the 'ß' character is present in First / Last Name.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log in to ORBO.
- Create a new employee where first name = '×ÙÚÛÜÝ' and Last name = 'Þßàáâãä'.
- Search for the created employee.
- Note that the employee is not retrieved and a message is displayed: "There were no results matching the specific criteria".
- Update the DB to remove the 'ß' character from the employee's last name.
- Search for the same employee again.
- The employee data is displayed correctly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms