Last updated on OCTOBER 12, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM), when a store order is created for a warehouse, if the quantity specified for the store order is greater than the available quantity at the warehouse, a "Severe system error" is thrown.
Steps to recreate:
1. Find an item that is ranged to a store in Retail Merchandising System (RMS) and SIM
2. Ensure that the item is also ranged to a virtual warehouse in RMS, whose physical warehouse exists in SIM - Note down the physical warehouse ID
3. Query RMS database table ITEM_LOC_SOH with the item ID and virtual warehouse ID and note down the available Stock On Hand (SOH)
4. In SIM, log into the store and create a Store Order from that store, for the item chosen, to the physical warehouse
5. Add the item and enter the requested quantity as more than what is available in Step 3 for SOH
6. Click on 'Approve' and note the "Severe system error" pop up
The following error is shown in the message details:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms