MRP Planning Exception Notification To Buyer Not Resulting In Rescheduling Of Purchase Order
(Doc ID 2000498.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Materials Requirement Planning - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Materials Requirements Plan.
Oracle MRP User's Guide Release 12.1 Part Number E15188-05 in Appendix E says:
Rescheduling Procedure (Node 27)
This function activity performs a rescheduling/cancellation of work order and purchase
entities generated by the planning process. For order types Work order and Purchase
Requisition, both rescheduling and cancellation can be performed. See: Implementing
Planned Orders. For Purchase Orders, only rescheduling is performed by launching an
Oracle Purchasing workflow.
• Function - MRP_EXP_WF.RESCHEDULE
• Result Type - None
• Required - Yes
• Prerequisite Activities - Notify Exception/Rescheduling (Work Order, Requisition,
• Item Attributes Set by Function - None
• Item Attributes Retrieved by Function - EXCEPTION_ID, PLAN_NAME,
User runs the MRP plan with the Production check box enabled in the Plan Names form. This generates notifications for a Purchase Order that has an Action = Reschedule In which are sent to the buyer. The buyer actions the workflow notification but it does not reschedule the Purchase Order. However the notification appears to close.
Expect PO notifications for reschedule in/out to be implemented by the MRP worflow notification when actioned
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Run MRP plan with production checkbox enabled to generate workflow notifications
2. Action a reschedule in notification by the buyer
3. workflow notification closes but PO is not rescheduled
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document