Fine Grain Access (FGA) is not Plant Specific
(Doc ID 2001235.1)
Last updated on MARCH 19, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Management - Version 1.9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When FGA is setup for a User in a specific Plant, when he logs onto another Plant, the FGA criteria is applied there as well.
Although the policy statement is run against the table, the FGA record and responsibility is only set up for a specific Plant. Thus FGA should be Plant specific.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set up a FGA and FGA Responsibility in one Plant and assign a User to the Responsibility
2. Run the Policy Statement via SQL*PLUS
3. Verify that the FGA criteria was applied in the Plant
4. Switch Plants (to another Plant which User has access to)
5. Pull up the module that the FGA criteria was setup for.
6. Hit Search. FGA criteria is applied to that Plant as well
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document