Last updated on NOVEMBER 17, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 13.2.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM) application, find that price changes created effective the following day are activated early and result in duplicate record in SIM database table LE_HST_ITM_SLS_PRC. This issue occurs for stores whose timezone is in El Salvador, because of the timezone difference between the store and GMT, and when using the bulk method of integration for price changes between RPM and SIM.
Steps to recreate:
Ensure the following hot fixes are applied on top of SIM 13.2.8:
Patch#19521776: CRE MESSAGES FOR PRICE CHANGES ARE NOT PROCESSED
Patch#19681884: SIM RESETS THE CLEARANCE PRICE THE DAY AFTER THE RESET DATE, NOT ON THAT DATE
Patch#19632587: UNABLE TO PROCESS THE RE-APPROVED PRICE CHANGES IN SIM
Patch#19904460: REAPPROVED PROMOTION/CLEARANCE ARE LOADED AS DELETED IN BULK PROCESS
Patch#19977141:PROMOTIONPRICECHANGE BATCH CAUSES DEADLOCKS WHEN RUNNING IN MULTIPLE THREADS
Patch#16588152: BULK PRICE CHANGE BATCH PERFORMANCE ISSUE
Patch#16978395: SIM ACTIVATEPRICECHANGE BATCH JOB GETTING ABORTS
Patch#19727426: BUG FIXES FOR 16978395 AND 17213245 ARE MISSING FROM SIM 13.2.8
Ensure that the system admin parameter "Enable GMT For Daily Batch" is set to false.
1. Find a store with a timezone in 'America/El_Salvador'
2. After 6:00pm at night, in RPM, create a price change (Regular/promotion/clearance) which is effective the following day.
3. Using the bulk (batch) method of integration, interface the price changes to SIM. Do not run the activate price change batch.
4. Note that the price change is already effective within SIM, even though it should not be effective yet.
5. This can be seen by querying SIM database tables LE_HST_ITM_SLS_PRC and AS_ITM_RTL_STR.
6. Note that the price change is still not yet marked as active in SIM database table RK_PRICE_CHANGE
7. During the overnight batch, run the activate price change batch.
8. Note that for that price change, there are duplicate records in SIM database table LE_HST_ITM_SLS_PRC
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms