Last updated on JANUARY 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 14.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The on-screen keyboard does not work on the manager override screen in Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS).
Steps to Reproduce :
a.The store associate user role does not have access to Price Override.
b.The On Screen Keyboard is enabled.
1. Enter 1 or more items on the Sell Item screen
2. Press F8 Price and F2 Price Override
3. System prompts for the Manager Override
4. Press the button for the Embedded Keyboard on the Global Navigation Screen
Keyboard cannot open and user can never enter in the manager user id and password.
1. Try to log in to ORPOS application Admin(F4) screen using Cashier role credentials.
2. Just key in the credentials for the Cashier role user and do not press enter. Pressing the Ctrl+K is allowing the screen keyboard to be toggled on ORPOS screen. Press the enter key to login.
3. The Manager Override (Security Access Notice) screen will appear. The Cashier needs to request the manager login details.
4. At this point due to this modal window, the cashier is not able to open the on-screen keyboard. The Ctrl+K is now not allowing to toggle the on-screen keyboard. The cashier is not able to open the on-screen keyboard as well.
5. So there is no way to enter the credentials for Manager in the sub-window using the On Screen Keyboard.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms