Last updated on JUNE 28, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 12.2.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Data Collections version 12.2.3, User defined Imp. dates only reflected in EBS if released manually; can't Select All for Release
When a planner is in the PWB, they will often change the due dates. If they change a date and select the records for release one at a time (as opposed to Plan > Select All for Release), then the Reqs are created on the EBS side as expected. However if dates are changed and instead of manually selecting each planned order they choose Plan > Select All for Release, then the suggested dock date is observed on the PO rather than the user defined date.
Observed that when using Select All for Release functionality does not populate Implemented Dock Date on either PWB or in MSC_SUPPLIES. Selecting each row individually, by contrast, does populate implemented dock date in PWB and on MSC_SUPPLIES.
Expectation is that user defined dates are observed whether releasing each line individually or when Selecting All for Release.
The expectation is that user defined dates are observed whether releasing each line individually or when Selecting All for Release.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Query some planned orders that need to be released
- Change date on first four orders and firm. Save
- Re-query for same firmed orders. Validate New date didn’t change.
- Click release checkbox on first two planned order in workbench. Save. (though not saving after this step was tested with no change in condition). Notice here that in the second screenshot that the Implement Dock date is filled in
- Navigate to Plan > Select All for release.
- Click Select All for Release. Get message saying x-1 records processed. Click ok.
- Validate release flag, implemented date, implemented qty and implement dock date
- Validate in MSC_SUPPLIES
- Plan > Release
- Validate correct number of requisitions
- Validate on interface table
- Validate in EBS
The issue is that we're releasing based on what is required but orders are being sent to the supplier with a different need-by date than the Planner expected. It is very dangerous too because we're not able to see this on the planners work bench. We assume that since the implemented date is the same as the date we entered, that the dock date (and therefore the need-by date) should be correct. It was by accident we happened to go into EBS and verify a PO that we saw the date had changed from the date we entered to the suggested dock date (which we thought we overrode).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms