ReIM Posting Job Aborts With Error: "Sum of Debit and Credit Amounts Must be Zero"
(Doc ID 2007075.1)
Last updated on APRIL 16, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Retail Invoice Matching - Version 13.2.6 to 13.2.9 [Release 13.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 02-November-2017
The Oracle Retail Invoice Matching (ReIM) posting job aborts with the following error:
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a Non Merch Invoice from the Document Search screen.
- Enter Invoice# and Vendor, Invoice Date, and location.
- Select Manually-Paid flag.
- Enter Due Date.
- Enter a negative total merchandise cost; in this case, -20105.4900
- Enter total tax costs as 0.
- Enter Cost Inc Tax as -20105.4900
- Click on OK. This will create a non merch invoice in Approve status.
- Run the posting job.
- The job errors out. While checking the IM_POSTING_DOC_ERRORS, the following message is seen: "Sum of Debit and Credit amounts must be zero. Posted debit/credit differ by -40210.98 for untaxed amount,-40210.98 for signed transaction amount and by-40210.98 for signed transaction amount in primary currency"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document