Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Demand Forecasting - Version 14.0.2 and later
Oracle Retail Predictive Application Server - Version 14.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using the Promo Effect Types Override All, Override Future Only or Override from Higher in combination with the System Effect Override for a promotion variable, the system doesn't generate a causal forecast. The overridden promotional effects are ignored in the causal forecast.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open "Forecast Administration" workbook for forecast level and in the "Basic Settings" worksheet set "Forecast Start Date" then Commit.
- Launch "Run Batch Forecast" workbook selecting forecast level 2 to generate forecast.
- In the "Forecast Approval" workbook, notice that the the Approved Forecast for level 2 is equal to System Baseline.
- Re-open "Forecast Administration" workbook for forecast level 2 and in the "Basic Settings WS" set "Forecast Start Date" then Commit.
- In "Promotion Maintenance" workbook for forecast level, set "Promo Effect Type for Discount High > 30%" to "Overide All" and "System Effect Override for Discount High > 30%" to "4".
- Notice that measures System Calculated Effect for all variables have a value of 1.
- In "Promotion Planner" workbook, set "Promo Effect Type for Discount High > 30%" for certain dates then Commit.
- Launch the "Forecast Approval", notice that there are no values in the measure "Total Promotion Lift Units" within Final Level 02 Causal Final Level Worksheet. The Approved Forecast for level 2 is equal to System Baseline, that is no uplift effect was applied to the Item/Store.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms