Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Agile Engineering Data Management - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Agile e18.104.22.168 and e6.1.3 with the Java Client :
When a German user adds a string value into an integer field (by mistake) and intends to leave the field, a popup error message appears that contains English text:
Fehler: Could not update field
What is working:
The error message in the message window is correct, however: it should be translated into German language correctly.
In a former version (tested e6.1.1) the error message in the popup is correct still. It is called: "Fehler: Eintrag muß vom Typ <Ganzzahl> sein !"
Same issue if a Float field is used (Correct error message would be: "Fehler: Eintrag muß vom Typ <Realzahl> sein !")
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set the Java Client language to German (in Preferences | General | Miscellaneous)
2. For the test user set the language of user interface and the language of user data to German (in (Topmenu:) Tools | Options | Representation)
3. Restart the Java Client and open item mask EDB-ART-CFR
4. Open an item (or create a new one) and open the tab "Geom. Lower Components" (in German: Geom. Untergeordnet)
5. Insert a relation to another item here and fill the fields S11 to S34 with correct values (e.g: '1')
6. After having saved edit the relation record again and update field S11 and enter a string value (e.g: 'ABC'); then try to leave the field
=> Incorrect error message appears in a popup: "Fehler: Could not update field"
The error message in the message window is correct, however: "Fehler: Eintrag muß vom Typ <Ganzzahl> sein !"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms