During Returns, SIM Does Not 'Restore' a Removed Unique Identification Number on UIN Window
(Doc ID 2013916.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 05, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management (SIM) 14.1, during returns, the system does not 'Restore' a removed Unique Identification Number (UIN). Also, contrary to the behavior of UIN windows on other screens, when the user clicks Apply and returns to the Return Detail screen, the value under the ‘Quantity’ column is not the same as that under the ‘UIN Qty’ column unless the user clicks somewhere else on the screen.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Navigate to Returns. Create a new return.
- Select Warehouse as return type, available inventory, and a warehouse value from the respective dropdowns.
- Add a serialized item having inventory at the store. Select line-item level return reason code.
- Click the cell under UIN Qty column. Add a few serials on UIN window and click Apply. Proper value is displayed under 'UIN QTY' column.
- Save the record. Double click and open it again.
- Open the UIN window. Select a UIN and click the Remove button. Serial is marked as removed.
- Click Apply. System shows 1 quantity less under the 'UIN QTY' column.
- Open the UIN window again. Select the UIN just removed and click the Restore button. Serial is marked as confirmed again.
- Click Apply. System does NOT increase the value under the 'UIN QTY' column.
- Open the UIN window. The serial is shown marked as removed (though it was restored in the previous step).
- Save the record. Double click to open it again.
- Double-click on the 'UIN QTY' column to open the UIN window. System REMOVES the serial which the user tried to restore.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document