Executing Pin_75_75ps9_upgrade.pl Doesn't Make A Backup Of Files Before Modifying Them
Last updated on JULY 28, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206.0 version, Upgrade
When installing BRM patch set 9, the script pin_75_75ps9_upgrade.pl was executed before modifying the files, it makes a backup of only pin.conf files but not the other files like Infranet.properties.
The following are some of Example files which were changed by the script but without a backup:
-rwxrwxr-x 1 pin brmgrp 10642 Jan 18 02:27 pin.conf.bak
-rwxrwxr-x 1 pin brmgrp 10461 Jan 18 02:27 pin.conf
-rwxrwxr-x 1 pin brmgrp 8685 Jan 18 02:27 Infranet.properties
-rwxr-xr-x+ 1 pin brmgrp 3062 Jan 18 02:27 pin_cmt
pin.conf backup file created, but no backup for Infranet.properties and pin_cmt files
Backup files should be created and it should also have the patch number along with .bak .
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In fresh environment, install 7.5 PS6
2. Install the ./7.5PS9_ThirdParty_linux_32_opt.bin, and source /opt/portal/7.5/ThirdPartyApps/source.me.csh
3. Make sure the perl link of PIN_HOME/bin/perl is pointing to latest perl version [ 5.18.2].
4. Install ./7.5PS9_19133869_Portal_Base_linux_32_opt.bin and source /opt/portal/7.5/source.me.csh
5. Install ./7.5PS9_PortalBase_Upgrade_75_75PS_linux_32_opt.bin
6. Take the backup of pin.conf [ dir mentioned above].
7. Run pin_75_75ps9_upgrade.pl
8. Installation completed successfully
9. Verify that *.bak file is getting created only for pin.conf, but no backup files created for Infranet.properties and pin_cmt files.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms